Pipe Band Quartermaster
Whether you have recently been elected as the Quartermaster of your Pipe Band and not sure where to start or have been in the role for some time and looking to save the band some money, you've come to the right place!
Responsibilities of The Quartermaster
- QM is responsible and accountable for all band property.
- QM should maintain a current stock inventory and issue records.
- QM should manage the maintenance of all items of equipment and uniform.
- QM should advise the committee of items of uniform and equipment required by the band.
- QM reports to the committee on the status of stock acquisition and disposition.
- QM should raise purchase orders to the Treasurer for all band purchases as directed by the Pipe Major, Drum Major and/or committee.
- QM ensures that all items of equipment and uniform are issued in a ready-to-wear condition.
- QM works with the nominated tailor to arrange repairs and alterations, and order new items of uniform for the band at a favourable rate.
Why Chose Shilling & Fitz as your Pipe Band Tailors
Our years of Pipe Band experience (both playing in and tailoring for) means we understand how important staying within your budget is. We can work closely with your QM to ensure that you maximise your uniform inventory and save money wherever possible. We offer tailoring parades to assess the current uniforms and measure new members for kit. This can be done at your place of practice. For larger orders, we can negotiate with the weavers, purchase and hold a full piece of your band tartan, barathea or tweed on your behalf then as your nominated tailors make kilts and jackets as and when required, passing on further savings to the band. Everything from Hats to Spats can be ordered and made here. We are the nominated tailors for The Atholl Highlanders, Perth & District and City of Discovery Pipe Bands.